- Elephants can live between 50 and 70 years.
- Elephants are not good sleepers; elephants sleep a maximum of four hours per day/night.
- An elephant’s ear helps it keep cool. As the ears flap in the breeze, blood is cooled that runs inside the ear flap. The ears are thin enough to allow the blood to cool inside.
- An elephant use its trunk for variety of purposes, such as picking food or drinking.
- An elephant’s tusk can grow up to 10 feet length and 200 pounds in weight.
- There are three species of elephants live today: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant and the Asian elephant (a.k.a. the Indian elephant).
- The elephant’s brain is larger than any other animal in the world.
- The word "elephant" has its origins in the Greek ἐλέφας, meaning "ivory" or "elephant".
- September 22nd is Elephant Appreciation Day.
- Elephants cannot trot, jump, or gallop.
- Elephants are said to have no natural predators except the humans.
- Elephants’ gestation period is 22 months, the longest pregnancy of any land animal.
- Elephants are good swimmers.
- Elephants live in families. Several families live together in a herd.
- Elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating plants.
- An adult elephant consumes 140–270 kg (300–600 lb) of food a day.
24 March 2011
Elephant Facts, Difference Between African and Asian Elephant
Here are some facts about elephants:
Funny Animals Animal Videos Funny Videos So cute Dogs Cats Animal Pictures Baby Animals Amazing Animals Gifs Kitten Puppy Pets Friendship Birds Wildlife Animal Love Elephants Goats Bears Ducks Lions Beautiful Creatures Bunnies Pandas Otters Captions Meme Monkey Animal Facts Animal News Pigs Hamsters Penguins Squirrel Tigers Parrots Polar Bears Foxes Horses Rabbits Raccoons Hedgehogs Interspecies Friends Chickens Crows Dolphins Kangaroos Mouse Seals Sheep Cows Ferrets Fish Lambs Red Pandas Snakes Gorillas Owls Giraffe Koalas Cheetah Deers Goose Chimpanzee Crocodiles Deer Guinea Pigs Leopards Octopus Cockatoo Insects Jaguars Meerkats Porcupines Rats Sea Lions Tortoises Turtles Alligators Cockatiel Crabs Lemurs Pigeons Rhinos Spiders Wolves Chinchillas Emus Fennec Foxes Lizards Micro pigs Praying Mantises Sharks Sloths Wombats Alpaca Armadillos Black Bear Butterflies Camels Chameleons Donkeys Eagles Hippos Humpback Whales Impalas Llamas Orangutan Ostrich Parakeets Ravens Sea Otters Seagulls Anteaters Antelopes Ants Bald Eagles Bearded Dragons Buffaloes Chipmunks Elephant Seal Elk Flamingos Frogs Killer Whales Lovebirds Macaw Peacocks Pelican Pony Prairie Dog Ram Red Fox Skunks Baboons Bats Bison Black Swan Bumble Bee Caiman Capuchin Monkeys Chicks Goliath Grouper Grizzly Bears Hawks Honey Badgers How to... Hummingbirds Hyenas Iguanas Infographic Manatees Mantis Mini Pigs Minks Possums Python Slow Loris Snail Stoats Sugar Gliders Wallaby Walrus Warthogs Wasps Whales Albatross American Woodcock Animals Ankole-Watusi Arctic Fox Beavers Bees Blanket Octopus Blue Heron Bobcats Bonobo Budgerigar Budgies Bugs Bull Elk Bulls Chihuahua Clark's Grebes Crayfishes Doves Dragonflies Eel Electric Eel Endangered Animals Foals Geckos Gibbons Gnu Green Heron Ground Squirrel Groundhogs Hognose Honey Bees Horned Puffin Jellyfish Jumping Spiders Kestrel Falcon Koi Kookaburra Ladybugs Leatherjacket Liliger Lobsters Locust Lorikeet Lynx Mahi-mahi Marmosets Mini Horse Moles Mongoose Moose Mountain Lions Myna Narwhals Oarfish Opossum Orcas PSAs Pallas's Cat Pangolin Platypus Porpoises Pygmy Marmoset Rare Animals Red Tail Hawk River Otter Sloth Bears Sperm Whales Stingrays Swallows Swans Toad Toucans Uromastyx Vicuñas Weasels Western Grebes Whale Sharks White Lion Wild Dogs Wildebeest Wolverine Zebras