- Elephants can live between 50 and 70 years.
- Elephants are not good sleepers; elephants sleep a maximum of four hours per day/night.
- An elephant’s ear helps it keep cool. As the ears flap in the breeze, blood is cooled that runs inside the ear flap. The ears are thin enough to allow the blood to cool inside.
- An elephant use its trunk for variety of purposes, such as picking food or drinking.
- An elephant’s tusk can grow up to 10 feet length and 200 pounds in weight.
- There are three species of elephants live today: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant and the Asian elephant (a.k.a. the Indian elephant).
- The elephant’s brain is larger than any other animal in the world.
- The word "elephant" has its origins in the Greek ἐλέφας, meaning "ivory" or "elephant".
- September 22nd is Elephant Appreciation Day.
- Elephants cannot trot, jump, or gallop.
- Elephants are said to have no natural predators except the humans.
- Elephants’ gestation period is 22 months, the longest pregnancy of any land animal.
- Elephants are good swimmers.
- Elephants live in families. Several families live together in a herd.
- Elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating plants.
- An adult elephant consumes 140–270 kg (300–600 lb) of food a day.
24 March 2011
Elephant Facts, Difference Between African and Asian Elephant
Here are some facts about elephants:
Funny Animals Animal Videos Funny Videos Dogs So cute Cats Animal Pictures Baby Animals Gifs Amazing Animals Kitten Puppy Funny Cats Funny Animal Gifs Pets Cute dogs Birds Funny animals of the week Friendship Elephants Wildlife Animal Love Goats Bears Funny Animal Captions Captions Ducks Meme Lions Pandas Bunnies Beautiful Creatures Otters Interspecies Friends Monkey Parrots Horses Pigs Squirrel Animal Facts Hamsters Animal News Tigers Rabbits Foxes Penguins Raccoons Polar Bears Dolphins Chickens Crows Hedgehogs Owls Seals Ferrets Fish Red Pandas Cows Kangaroos Lambs Mouse Cockatoo Gorillas Octopus Sheep Snakes Deers Goose Sea Lions Cheetah Deer Giraffe Koalas Leopards Rhinos Chimpanzee Tortoises Turtles Cockatiel Crabs Crocodiles Guinea Pigs Pigeons Porcupines Rats Wolves Alligators Chinchillas Donkeys Insects Jaguars Lemurs Meerkats Grizzly Bears Hippos Lizards Micro pigs Mini Pigs Orangutan Parakeets Seagulls Sharks Skunks Spiders Bearded Dragons Black Bear Camels Chameleons Eagles Emus Fennec Foxes Ostrich Praying Mantises Sea Otters Sloths Wombats Alpaca Armadillos Baboons Butterflies Chipmunks Frogs Humpback Whales Impalas Killer Whales Llamas Lovebirds Macaw Pony Ravens Anteaters Antelopes Ants Bald Eagles Bats Buffaloes Capuchin Monkeys Elephant Seal Elk Flamingos Hawks Opossum Peacocks Pelican Prairie Dog Python Ram Red Fox Stoats Sugar Gliders Weasels Whales Arctic Fox Bees Bengal Cats Bison Black Swan Budgies Bulls Bumble Bee Caiman Chicks Goliath Grouper Ground Squirrel Hermit Crab Honey Badgers How to... Hummingbirds Hyenas Iguanas Infographic Jumping Spiders Lorikeet Manatees Mantis Minks Moose Mountain Lions Pangolin Possums Raccoon Slow Loris Snail Stingrays Turkeys Wallaby Walrus Warthogs Wasps Albatross American Woodcock Anglefish Animals Ankole-Watusi Beavers Blanket Octopus Blue Heron Bobcats Bonobo Budgerigar Bugs Bull Elk Burrowing Owls Capybara Chihuahua Clark's Grebes Coyote Crayfishes Doves Dragonflies Eel Electric Eel Endangered Animals Falcons Foals Geckos Gibbons Gnu Green Heron Groundhogs Heron Hognose Honey Bees Horned Puffin Husky Jellyfish Kestrel Falcon Koi Kookaburra Ladybugs Leatherjacket Liliger Lobsters Locust Lynx Lyrebirds Mahi-mahi Marmosets Mini Horse Moles Mongoose Moorhens Myna Narwhals Oarfish Orcas PSAs Pallas's Cat Piranhas Pit Bull Platypus Porpoises Pygmy Marmoset Rare Animals Red Tail Hawk River Otter Sloth Bears Sperm Whales Starfish Swallows Swans Tarantulas Tiger Shark Toad Toucans Uromastyx Vicuñas Western Grebes Whale Sharks White Deer White Lion Wild Dogs Wildebeest Wolverine Zebras