- Elephants can live between 50 and 70 years.
- Elephants are not good sleepers; elephants sleep a maximum of four hours per day/night.
- An elephant’s ear helps it keep cool. As the ears flap in the breeze, blood is cooled that runs inside the ear flap. The ears are thin enough to allow the blood to cool inside.
- An elephant use its trunk for variety of purposes, such as picking food or drinking.
- An elephant’s tusk can grow up to 10 feet length and 200 pounds in weight.
- There are three species of elephants live today: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant and the Asian elephant (a.k.a. the Indian elephant).
- The elephant’s brain is larger than any other animal in the world.
- The word "elephant" has its origins in the Greek ἐλέφας, meaning "ivory" or "elephant".
- September 22nd is Elephant Appreciation Day.
- Elephants cannot trot, jump, or gallop.
- Elephants are said to have no natural predators except the humans.
- Elephants’ gestation period is 22 months, the longest pregnancy of any land animal.
- Elephants are good swimmers.
- Elephants live in families. Several families live together in a herd.
- Elephants spend about 16 hours a day eating plants.
- An adult elephant consumes 140–270 kg (300–600 lb) of food a day.
24 March 2011
Elephant Facts, Difference Between African and Asian Elephant
Here are some facts about elephants:
Funny Animals Animal Videos Funny Videos Dogs So cute Animal Pictures Cats Baby Animals Gifs Amazing Animals Funny Cats Funny Animal Gifs Kitten Puppy Cute dogs Funny animals of the week Pets Birds Friendship Elephants Wildlife Funny Animal Captions Captions Goats Animal Love Meme Bears Ducks Bunnies Lions Pandas Beautiful Creatures Otters Parrots Interspecies Friends Monkey Horses Pigs Hamsters Squirrel Rabbits Animal Facts Animal News Tigers Foxes Penguins Polar Bears Raccoons Chickens Crows Dolphins Hedgehogs Cows Seals Ferrets Owls Fish Kangaroos Red Pandas Snakes Lambs Mouse Cockatoo Gorillas Octopus Sheep Deers Goose Koalas Rhinos Sea Lions Turtles Cheetah Deer Giraffe Leopards Tortoises Chimpanzee Porcupines Rats Wolves Alligators Cockatiel Crabs Crocodiles Guinea Pigs Pigeons Chinchillas Donkeys Grizzly Bears Insects Jaguars Lemurs Meerkats Orangutan Skunks Spiders Hippos Lizards Micro pigs Mini Pigs Parakeets Seagulls Sharks Sloths Bearded Dragons Black Bear Butterflies Camels Chameleons Chipmunks Eagles Emus Fennec Foxes Ostrich Praying Mantises Sea Otters Wombats Alpaca Armadillos Baboons Frogs Humpback Whales Impalas Killer Whales Llamas Lovebirds Macaw Pony Prairie Dog Ravens Whales Anteaters Antelopes Ants Bald Eagles Bats Buffaloes Capuchin Monkeys Elephant Seal Elk Flamingos Hawks Hummingbirds Iguanas Opossum Peacocks Pelican Python Ram Red Fox Stoats Sugar Gliders Weasels Arctic Fox Beavers Bees Bengal Cats Bison Black Swan Budgies Bulls Bumble Bee Caiman Chicks Goliath Grouper Ground Squirrel Groundhogs Hermit Crab Honey Badgers How to... Hyenas Infographic Jumping Spiders Lorikeet Manatees Mantis Minks Moose Mountain Lions Orcas Pangolin Possums Raccoon River Otter Slow Loris Snail Starfish Stingrays Swans Turkeys Wallaby Walrus Warthogs Wasps Albatross American Woodcock Anglefish Animals Ankole-Watusi Blanket Octopus Blue Heron Bobcats Bonobo Budgerigar Bugs Bull Elk Burrowing Owls Capybara Chihuahua Clark's Grebes Coyote Crayfishes Doves Dragonflies Eel Electric Eel Endangered Animals Falcons Fin Whales Foals Geckos Gibbons Gnu Green Heron Heron Hognose Honey Bees Horned Puffin Husky Jellyfish Kestrel Kestrel Falcon Koi Kookaburra Ladybugs Leatherjacket Liliger Lobsters Locust Lynx Lyrebirds Mahi-mahi Marmosets Mini Horse Moles Mongoose Moorhens Myna Narwhals Oarfish Ocelots PSAs Pallas's Cat Piranhas Pit Bull Platypus Porpoises Pygmy Marmoset Quail Rare Animals Red Tail Hawk Sloth Bears Sperm Whales Swallows Tarantulas Tiger Shark Toad Toucans Uromastyx Vicuñas Western Grebes Whale Sharks White Deer White Lion Wild Dogs Wildebeest Wolverine Zebras